Carpet helps to enhance the look of your room. It even helps to insulate your room and absorb unwanted sound.
So, in short, adding carpet to any room has various benefits. But sometimes stubborn wooden stains can fall on your carpet, making it dull. If you don’t treat it immediately, your carpet may get damaged, and you need to replace it with a new one.
So, are you wondering how to get wood stain out of carpet? If yes, you can easily remove wood stains from your beautiful carpet in numerous ways. For example, you can use WD 40, mineral spirits, and Hydrogen peroxide to remove wood stains.
The article discusses various ways how to get wood stain out of carpet. So, you can keep scrolling through this article to learn different ways by which you can easily remove wood stains from a carpet and make it look once again clean and beautiful.
What Is Wood Stain?
Wood stain is a paint type applied to the wood to enhance the look of the bare wood. There are various types of wood stains. We are listing them below.
- Water-based wood stain
- Spirit-based wood stain
- Mineral-based wood stain
Knowing the exact type of wood stain will help you to remove the stain easily.
How To Get Wood Stain Out Of Carpet?
Adding carpet to any room not only increases the look but also helps in keeping dust and dirt-free. It even helps to keep the floor new for a long time. But after using the carpet for many days, it becomes dirty and messy.
Wood stain is a common stain that can make your beautiful carpet dirty and ugly. There are usually two causes of wood stain, i.e., wood flooring or wooden leg of the furniture.
Well, there are various DIY methods you can quickly try at home to remove wood stains from your beautiful carpet.
So let’s discuss various methods on how to get wood stain out of carpet.
1. Use Carpet Stain Remover
Wood stains are pretty stubborn and may be difficult to remove. Well, you can use a carpet stain remover to remove wood stains.
There are various carpet stain removers available in the market. One of the best stain removers is the Oxiclean versatile stain remover. It can remove the tough wood stains from the carpet quickly.
You must do a patch test on any old carpet before using it on the affected carpet. If the stain remover doesn’t discolor the carpet, use it on the affected carpet.
Additionally, you must read all the procedures and instructions written on the carpet stain remover before using it on the affected carpet.
Now, let’s discuss the general procedure to be followed while using carpet stain rever.
- Spray the stain remover on the affected site of the carpet and wait for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- You can then clean the site with a dry cloth.
- Repeat the process until the stain is completely removed.
2. Use Mineral Spirits
Mineral spirits are another great option that you can use to remove oil-based wood stains. You can get mineral spirit quickly from any hardware store or paint store. We recommend you apply the mineral spirit first on the old carpet.
You can use that on the affected carpet if it does discolor. Remember, there are various mineral spirits.
Now follow the procedure for applying mineral spirit on the wood stain carpet.
- Apply the mineral spirit from the outer edge of the stain. It helps prevent the spread of the wood stain on other parts of the carpet.
- You can then rub the affected site immediately with a cotton cloth. It will prevent the mineral spirit from getting deeper inside the carpet.
- You must continue this process until the stain completely vanishes from the carpet.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is another incredible way to remove wood stains from carpets. This method can remove stains effortlessly and with less time.
However, you will need various things to use this method in removing wood stains.
- 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
- Measuring cup
- Hot water
- Dish soap
- Vacuum cleaner
- Soft cotton towel
- Veggie brush
Now let’s discuss the procedure you must follow for applying Hydrogen peroxide.
- You have to first vacuum the affected site for a few minutes. It will help in drying and softening the affected carpet surface.
- Take one cup of warm water.
- You must add almost half of the cup with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix the warm water and hydrogen peroxide properly.
- Add two tablespoons of dish soap to the solution and stir for one to two minutes.
- You can pour the solution on the affected site slowly.
- You can then take a veggie brush and start scrubbing the affected site after pouring the solution on the affected site.
- Now, take a towel and cover the scrubbing area. It will help to dry the affected site faster. You can even use a vacuum to clean the area faster.
4. Apply De-Solv Liquid
De-solv liquid is the next effective liquid that you can use to remove wood stains from the carpet. But try to do a patch test on any old carpet before using it on the new affected carpet.
We are discussing below a step-by-step process on the application of De-solv liquid.
- Remove all the dust and dirt from the carpet.
- You can then take a little of the De Solve liquid in a spray bottle and spray it on the wood stains on the carpet.
- Wait almost 10 minutes, then blot the area with a cotton cloth.
- You can repeat the procedure to remove the wood stain entirely from the carpet.
5. Ammonia solution
You can use an ammonia solution to remove wood stains from the carpet. It can give quick results within less time.
We are discussing a step-by-step procedure for using ammonia to remove wooden stains from the carpet.
- Take a damp cloth, and you must blot the wood stain for a few minutes. It will help in moistening the wood stains.
- Now, you have to make an ammonia solution. Add one quart of ammonia to two cups of lukewarm water. You need to add one tablespoon of liquid detergent to the solution. Stir everything properly. Remember that the dishwashing liquid you use should not contain bleach; otherwise, it will discolor the carpet.
- Now, take a sponge or a cotton cloth and insert it inside the solution. You need to soak the cloth or sponge for 5-10 minutes.
- You can remove the cloth from the solution and start blotting on the wood stains. Try to start it from outside.
- Continue to blot until the wood stain is completely removed.
- Rinse the carpet to ensure the surface is entirely cleaned.
- You can then vacuum the surface and make it thoroughly dry.
6. Apply Detergent
Detergents can also be used to remove wood stains. They are harmful and an effective solution to remove wood stains.
Let’s discuss the step-by-step procedure for applying detergents to remove wood stains from the carpet.
- Take 2 cups of lukewarm water and add one tablespoon of liquid detergent.
- Stir it properly and then put it in a spray bottle.
- You can spray the solution directly on the wood stains and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- You can then wipe the affected area with a cotton pad or sponge.
- You have to rinse the carpet and then air dry.
- Use a vacuum if required, and then see the results.
7. Use WD-40
WD -40 is an excellent material to remove stubborn stains like wood stains on carpets. It works best if oil-based wood stains are there on your carpet.
You can spray WD-40 directly on the affected site and leave for a few minutes. You can then blot the area with the help of a dry towel. You should not rub the stain; otherwise, removing it will become large and complicated.
8. Use alcohol
Alcohol even works wonders in removing wood stains from the carpet. You can spay alcohol on the affected site and then rub it gently. Rinse the area and then dry the carpet.
However, you should not use alcohol on silk, rayon, or woolen carpet.
9. Use Vinegar And Baking Soda
Vinegar is an antibacterial agent which can easily and quickly remove wood stains from the carpet. You can use white vinegar and baking soda to remove wood stains.
Now, let’s discuss the step-by-step procedure for removing wood stains from carpet using white vinegar and baking soda.
- Mix one-quarter of the white vinegar in one cup of warm water. Then, pour this mixture into a spray bottle and stir it for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle some amount of baking soda on the affected site.
- Now, spray the mixture of white vinegar and lukewarm water on the affected area.
- Leave the solution so that the carpet will absorb it.
- Cover the affected area with a soft cloth or tissue paper and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- You can press it with your hand. The tissue paper will absorb the stain.
- You must continue this process until you find no stain on the affected site.
10. Use Stain Magic
Stain magic is an excellent solution to remove stubborn stains like wooden ones on your carpet. It comprises a two-part stain removal solution(solution A and solution B), which works like magic in removing any stains from your carpet.
Now, let’s discuss the procedure that needs to be followed for removing wood stains by using stain magic.
- Your first duty is to remove all the dust and dirt from the carpet.
- Blot a damp cloth on the affected area. It will soften and moisten the wood stain, and thus, it can be easily removed. It will even remove dust and dirt from the affected site.
- Put stain magic(solution A and solution B) into a spray bottle. Try to mix both solution A and solution B in equal amounts.
- Remove the damp cloth and spray the solution evenly on the affected side of your carpet.
- Take a clean towel and then cover it.
- You can then take a steam iron and move it carefully on the stain. You should always use a steam iron over the clean cotton towel. If you use it directly on the carpet, then it may burn.
- Remove the iron when you see steam coming from the towel.
- You must repeat the process until you find no stain on the carpet.
11. Nailpolish Remover
If you have fresh wood stains on your carpet, you can use a nail polisher remover to remove the stain. You can take a paper towel or a soft cotton cloth and pour a few drops of acetone. Now, apply the damp cloth to the affected area. You have to repeat it two or three times or at least the time when the stain sticks to the towel.
How Can I Save Carpet From Any Stains?
You can save carpet from stains in the following ways.
1. Apply Stain Resistant Cover
You can use a stain-resistant cover on the entire carpet to protect it from accidental stains like coffee, food, or wood. It will even help to keep the carpet dust and dirt-free.
Most stain-resistant covers consist of Teflon, where stains can easily be removed.
2. Clean the carpet Often
Most of us don’t clean the carpet often due to laziness. As a result, the small stains on the carpet grow and become big. Sometimes, it becomes stubborn, and it gets difficult to remove.
So you need to clean the carpet within a few days.
3. Always Tab And Block
Most people do not use tabs and blocks under the legs of furniture. If you cover the legs of the furniture, then it will have less chance of having stains on the carpet.
4. Try To Keep The Carpet Dry
One of the easiest ways to clean the carpet is to keep it dry. Your carpet can have stains easily when it is wet. So keep it dry by using a vacuum cleaner once a day.
Wood stain is quite stubborn and difficult to remove from carpet. When the wood stain is too large, you must throw away the beautiful carpet and buy a new one.
Fortunately, if you choose the right materials and ingredients, you can easily remove the wood stain at home.
We have discussed various methods on how to get wood stain out of carpet. You can choose any method and remove the wood stain from the carpet.
FAQ : How To Get Wood Stain Out Of Carpet
Q1. What is the best way to remove stains from the carpet?
Ans : There are numerous ways to remove wood stains from carpets. One of the most effective ways to remove stubborn stains is by carpet stain remover.
You may also use mineral spirits, Hydrogen peroxide, or ammonia solution to remove wood stains.
Q2. Can you remove furniture stains from the carpet?
Ans : Put a few drops of acetone on a cloth and blot on the wood stain. You may also use WD 40 for effective results. Acetone or WD 40 helps to lose the wood stain particles. You can then clean that area with a soft cotton cloth.
Q3. What stains are permanent on the carpet?
Ans : A few stains are pretty hard to remove from the carpet. We are listing them below.