Imagine it’s very cold outside. Wearing warm clothes is insufficient to bear the cold in the morning and evening.
If you have a centralized heating system in your whole house, then it is good, but unfortunately, it cannot provide all sorts of comfort if there is a snowfall outside.
In such cases, buying an electric heater can solve the issue. They are space heaters designed to provide warm air in a single room. The electric heaters work similarly to an air conditioner, but it makes your room hotter instead of providing cold air.
There are various types of indoor electric heaters available in the market. They vary in size, design, and way of spreading heat throughout the room. So, if you are confused and have a problem choosing the best electric heater, this article is especially for you.
The article discusses the best indoor electric heaters for large rooms. So, you can keep reading this article to learn some of the best electric heaters you can use in your room to provide comfort on cold winter days.
Best Indoor Electric Heaters For Large Rooms :
Are you thinking of placing an electric heater in your large room? If yes, remember a few things before purchasing an indoor electric heater for a large room.
1. Power Rating
It is one of the most important things you must consider while purchasing an electric heater for your room. It will give you an idea about power consumption and its overall performance.
The room heater needs to have a minimum of 1500 Watts if you are buying for a large room.
2. Coverage Area
If you are confused with the power rating or cannot understand whether the room heater can provide comfort in your large room, it’s best to consider its coverage area.
It is usually represented in square feet units. You have to then compare with the square feet of your room. Always invest in an electric room heater whose coverage area is more than the square feet of your room.
If you buy an electric heater with less coverage than the carpet area of your room, it cannot provide proper warmth in every corner. If you purchase an electric heater with more coverage than the room’s carpet area, then it increases the energy cost. Hence you need to pay a hefty electricity bill.
3. Control Options
Operating an electric heater manually within a gap of one or two hours is quite hectic and frustrating. So try to purchase an electric heater with a remote control to change the settings on any room corner.
Some room heaters even have a mobile application; you can easily control the device with your mobile phone.
Most of the electric space heaters for large rooms are pretty expensive. In such cases, you must select an electric heater with proper working conditions and perform well for various years.
However, checking an electric heater’s performance features is pretty difficult while purchasing. In such cases, you can check the warranty of the product.
If any company gives a year warranty period, then you can trust that company. If any problem goes with the product within the warranty period, you can claim free service or, in the worst cases, free replacement.
So, we highly recommend you check the product’s warranty period before purchasing.
7 Best Indoor Electric Heaters for Large Rooms
1. Give Best Portable Electric Space Heater With Thermostat,1500 Watt/750 Watt Safe And Quiet Ceramic Heater Fan
Most of the buyers prefer to buy an electric appliance from a trusted brand at an affordable price. We have included The Give’s best portable electric space heater. It is the most affordable electric heater you can use in large rooms and has all sorts of comfort.
It has two heat levels, i.e. 1500 Watt and 750 Watt output heating capacity.
The thermostat control of this heater will automatically switch off the heater when it achieves the preset temperature. It will then automatically turn the heater on when the temperature goes below the thermostat setting.
It consists of flame-retardant material, so this device has no fire hazard issues. There is an automatic safety shut-off system in this device, which is quite attractive.
It will automatically switch off the heaters when knocked up by accident and automatically switch on when everything becomes stable.
It is a compact, powerful, and portable device. Hence you can carry it anywhere, like in the office, study room and many more places.
It makes noise less than 45 decibels. So you can use the device even in your bedroom and sleep comfortably. Another great thing about this device is that it can heat up to 200 square feet within seconds.
- Power rating up to 1500 Watt
- It has one cool air fan so you can use it in summer.
- The weight of the device is 2.99 pounds
- Compact size(6.2*7*10.2 inches)
- It produces noise of less than 45 decibels.
- It can heat 200 square feet within a few seconds.
- Forced air heating method.
- It is powerful and can heat the room within a few seconds.
- The adjustment options are limited in this device.
2. Lasko Oscillating Digital Ceramic Tower Heater For Home With Adjustable Thermostat
Lasko digital ceramic heater is the next best electric heater, which you can use in your large room for comfort on winter days. It has two heat settings, i.e., high and low heat, and an adjustable thermostat to maintain temperature inside the room.
The electric heater has a remote by which you can easily switch the device on and off, adjust the thermostat, or do any other settings in any corner of the room.
Again, the Lasko oscillating digital ceramic heater has a storage space at the back where you can keep the remote. It prevents the chances of the remote getting lost.
Another great thing about the product is that it has an auto-off-timer function, i.e., you need to select the timer within 1-8 hours, and the heater will automatically switch off after the selected timing.
It has an overheat protection feature, ensuring the heater will not get overheated even if used for longer. Another good thing about this heater is that it is cool when you touch its exterior parts despite running for several hours.
Whenever you order this product, it comes in a fully assembled form. Hence, it is a ready-to-use product right after unboxing.
You have to plug this device into the wall outlet, adjust the thermostat, and then enjoy the warmth inside the room. It is lightweight in design and portable.
Its lightweight design ensures that you can easily move from one place to another by carrying it.
- Fully assembled
- It weighs only 7.29 pounds
- Portable and lightweight.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- The heater’s exterior is cool, irrespective of operating the device for longer hours.
- Two heat settings, i.e., high and low heat.
- You can easily use it.
- It comes with a remote control.
- It comes in a fully assembled form.
- It is safe for pets and children.
- A six-inch cord with two prone plugs.
- It has an auto-off timer function.
- It is 23 inches high and 7 inches wide.
- It comes with two heating modes.
- Power output capacity up to 1500 Watts.
- The device comes with a remote by which you can easily adjust the temperature settings on anything in any corner of the room.
- Digital display.
The device’s height can be a problem at the time of installation.
3. Dr.Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
Dr infrared heater portable space heater has a power rating of 1500 Watts and can heat a large room efficiently. It can warm up to 1000 square feet of a room efficiently. It has a dual heating system, which includes an infrared quartz tube and PTC for radiant heating.
The device has a remote control by which you can change temperature settings or turn off the heater at any room corner without getting off from a cozy tuck position. It has a 12-hour timer, and the device will automatically switch off when it reaches the number of hours you have preset.
The device is long-lasting. It has a removable filter, which you can remove easily and clean when required. You can even replace it if needed.
The device’s blower is so quiet that you will not notice it. It generates high pressure, which can move large volumes of air at low speeds.
- It has a built-in thermostat, which ranges from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Low noise blower, which produces noise of 39 decibels.
- It comprises an infrared quartz tube and PTC
- The device weighs 24 lbs
- It has a Power rating of 1500 Watts
- The electric cord is 72 inches long.
- It uses 12.5 amperes of power.
- Radiant heating method
- It comes with a remote control
- Safe to touch
- Overheat protection
- 12-hour programmable timer
- You can easily maintain it.
- Compact and powerful
- It warms up a large room(1000 square feet) efficiently.
- Some customers don’t like the light on the front. They are super bright and are pretty distracting at night.
4. PELONIS Electric 1500W Oil Filled Radiator Heater With Safety Protection
The Pelonis electric oil-filled heater is the next best indoor electric heater for large rooms. It has three heating options(900W,1500W, mode) and five temperature settings (65,70,75,80 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit).
Thus, you can maintain a comfortable temperature inside your room every winter without an increase in your electricity bill. But this device will take slightly longer to heat your room than fan heaters as the medium is oil.
This device has various user-friendly features, like an LCD screen, a programmable thermostat, a 10-hour timer, and remote control, which are pretty attractive.
The four castor wheels of the device can rotate almost 360 degrees easily; hence, you can take it from one room to another without any ease.
You will find an LCD screen at the front that will display the current status or current temperature the electric heater maintains. Another great thing about this product is that it operates quietly.
Hence, you can sleep comfortably in your bedroom despite the heater being switched on.
The product even comes with a year warranty, another great advantage of buying this product.
- Three heating options and five temperature settings.
- LCD screen
- It is equipped with four castor wheels
- It operates quietly
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- 10-hour timer
- 1500 Watt power capacity
- Multidimensional heating
- It comes with a remote control, so you can operate the heater by staying in bed.
- The settings are lost when you unplug the device.
Another compact option in the list is the Dreo Space heater. It can heat a room of 200 square feet effectively.
Simultaneously it comprises V0 flame retardant materials and various safety features like overheat protection,12 hour timer, and a sturdy 6-foot power cord.
The power rating capacity of this heater is 1500 Watts. Hence, it can heat the room within a few seconds. It is suitable for warming various places in your home, including the basement, bedroom, living room, garages, and many more.
The noise level of the heater is 40 decibels, which is quieter than a library. The fan wheel uses oblique air technology, reducing wind noise and making your room 12 percent quieter than traditional electric heaters. The airflow is relatively calm, which allows you to sleep comfortably in your bedroom.
You will find a touch screen at the top of the heater, which displays the settings you set or the room’s temperature. You will also find a remote control while buying this device that allows you to access the heater at a distance of 26 feet away.
- Remote control
- Portable design
- Forced air heating method
- Compact side
- It weighs around 4.63 pounds.
- It has a power output of 1500 Watts.
- 12 hour timer
- It can effectively heat 200 square feet of room.
- It comprises VO flame-retardant materials.
- It produces noise of almost 40 decibels.
- Uniform heating
- Energy efficient
- It has a cord length of nearly 6 feet.
- Touch screen UI so that you can adjust fastly.
- One-year warranty period
- It works with a lifespan of 750,000 cycles.
- It heats the room within a few seconds.
- The noise of the fan becomes audible after using the heater for several months
Aikoper space heater is another popular choice for large rooms. Its power output of 1500 Watts and four heat settings can efficiently heat every corner of your room. You can adjust the temperature by one degree Fahrenheit, which allows you to customize the temperature.
A great thing about this product is that it requires no assembly. There is a carry handle that allows you to move this product from one place to another.
The ECO setting allows the electric heater to turn on and off automatically, optimizing energy consumption. The overheat protection is another attractive feature. So, it is safe when knocked down by either kids or pets.
- Manual thermostat
- Remote control
- Overheat protection
- It has 1500 Watt power capacity
- Four heat settings
- Digital display so that you can quickly access it.
- Temperature adjustment is available with 1 -1 degree Fahrenheit intervals.
- The light blinks for almost a full minute while changing temperature and is pretty bright.
7 . Voweek 24-inch space heater,1500 Watt PTC Fast Heating Ceramic Heater
The Voweek 24-inch space heater is a powerful heater with a 1500-watt capacity. It can heat up to 70 degrees Fahrenheit within three seconds, which is quite attractive.
The 90-degree widespread oscillation allows the portable heater to rotate from side to side and evenly warm up your surroundings.
The portable heater is ETL-listed and comprises V-0 flame-retardant material. It has three heating modes(High:1500 Watt, Low -900 Watt, ECO).
It has a programmable thermostat, which varies from 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit with a one-degree Fahrenheit increment to maintain warmth inside the room.
- 1-12 hours timer
- Touch panel
- Carry handle
- Remote control
- It operates at the convection heating method
- ETL certified design
- It comes with one -year warranty
- Power rating capacity -1500 Watts.
- Available with remote control
- It has three heating modes
- Easy to operate.
- Some customers say the heater will sound like a lawn mower when operated in the house after a few months.
8. Air Choice Space Heater for Office
The air choice heater is the next option you can buy for your large rooms. It can put a good amount of heat all over your room in just a few seconds.
The sensitive temperature control system is quite helpful to save energy and keep your room at a comfortable temperature rather than overheating.
The heating area of the space heater is 70 percent wider than other electric heaters and can efficiently warm up without wasting heat. The outlet is 15 inches with a curved surface design, providing 10 percent more air than others.
The overheating protection is quite attractive. The device automatically switches off when it gets overheated and hence safe for families, kids, and pets. The tip-over switch will close off when tipped either forward or backward.
- It heat your room within 3 seconds.
- 70 percent wide oscillation
- It operates quietly and can even fit under your desk
- Overheating protection
- The power rating capacity is 1500 Watts.
- It will auto-shut on/off depending on the temperature you have set.
- No light
- It has a carrying handle so that you can carry it easily from one place to another.
- Adjustable thermostat
- Compact and operates quietly
- There is no remote control
The De’Longhi Full Room Radiant Heater has a digital control with an LED display to select all the functions easily. It has a 75 percent more radiant surface, which means it will transfer more heat to the room.
It delivers gentle heat by minimizing dry air and thus creates an allergy-free environment inside the room.
The safety elements are quite attractive. It includes a child lock and thermal cut-off function that switches off the machine when overheated.
Again, when the temperature goes below 41 degrees Fahrenheit, the antifreeze setting will automatically switch on the heater and prevent frozen pipes in basements and vacation homes.
The product comprises high-quality steel and a permanently sealed diathermic oil reservoir, which doesn’t need refilling.
- It has a power output of 1500 Watts
- Digital control panel with LED display.
- It includes safety features like a child lock and thermal cut-off function.
- It has a 75 percent more radiant surface area.
- It comprises high-quality steel.
- It has permanently sealed diathermic oil, which never needs refilling.
- One-year warranty period.
- You can extend the warranty period.
- You don’t need to refill the oil.
- The coverage area is a bit small.
Also Read : 9 Best Cleaner For Glass Shower Doors
Your dining or living room can become extremely cold during the cold season as they are close to the outer environment.
Again, small cracks or small openings in windows allow cold air to enter the room, and you feel uncomfortable. If you want to tackle the problem, buying an electric heater is the best option.
We have listed above the seven best indoor electric heaters for large room. You can buy any of them to have comfort during the winter months.
FAQ : best indoor electric heaters for large room
Q1. What is the best type of heat for a large area?
Ans : Gas convection heaters are best for spreading heat over a large area because they have a fan that helps circulate warm air in every room corner.Radiant heaters are also good but will heat the area before the heater.
Q2. How many watts is a heater for a large room?
Ans : A good thumb rule to remember is that 10 watts of heater is needed per square foot of the room.
Q3. Which is better, the oil or convection heater?
Ans : If you want to heat the room faster, use a convection heater. However, an oil heater can maintain the warmth inside the room for longer than convection heaters.