Glass shower door plays an essential element in your bathroom. It even gives a stylish look to your bathroom.
But unfortunately, they get dirty quickly. Water droplets, soap scum, and body soil can cling to the glass shower door. If you dont clean the glass shower frequently, minerals in the soap scum may etch the glass permanently or leave a foggy mess that looks dirty and less appealing.
Some people have even reported feeling claustrophobic when trapped inside a glass shower door with soap scum.
Removing the stains when they get old is quite difficult and frustrating. So we recommend cleaning the glass shower door after every use.
Simultaneously, you can take the help of various cleaning products available in the market to clean the glass shower door within a few days. It will help to keep your glass shower door clean and sparkling.
The article lists the eight best cleaner for glass shower doors . So, you can keep reading this article to know more about some of the best glass cleaners you can use to clean the shower door.
Best Cleaner For Glass Shower Doors: Buying Guide
There are numerous glass cleaners for shower doors in the market, like gels, foams, sponges, and sprays.
But sprays are pretty convenient for all of them. You need to apply and then wipe the glass shower door. It will remove soap scum, hard water deposits, or any other stains from the glass shower door.
Foams and gels are also good, but you need to apply some effort in wiping them. If you are using concentrate, you must mix it with water during use. Sponges or squeezes are helpful tools that can help make the glass shower door steak-free.
Foam or gel-type cleaning products will not last long like sprays or concentrates. This is because you will need ample foam or gel-type product to cover the entire glass surface of your shower door.
Try always to purchase products that have a good scent. The application of these types of products can make your bathroom smell good.
You will find that some cleaning products have natural fragrances. They are usually created by using essential oils.
But the products that contain bleach, ammonia, or other harmful chemicals have an overpowering scent.
Gel or foam-based cleaning products require less contact time. You can clean your glass shower door easily within less time.
On the other hand, if you buy a sponge, then you will require a bit of elbow grease to remove hard stains.
If you want to clean the glass shower door deep, look for products containing ingredients like ammonia and Isopropyl alcohol.
It will kill germs, remove grease and soap scums effectively. If you are looking for a cleaning product that will naturally remove the stains from the glass door, then look for products that contain white vinegar and citric acid.
What Are The Best Glass Cleaner For Shower Doors?
Your glass shower door is like a magnet for water droplets, soap residues, and minerals. These residues can make your bathroom look dirty. Fortunately, you can do consistent cleaning to keep your glass shower door looking sparkle and clean.
We have listed some of the best glass cleaner for shower doors. Let’s discuss below.
The Rejuvenate soap scum remover is powerful, versatile, and easy to use. It is bleach-free and can be used on glass shower doors, sinks, and counters.
You can even use it in a bathroom with stone tiles. The cleaner will remove soap scum from the shower glass door and add fragrance.
You have to simply spray the Rejuvenate soap scum remover on the shower glass door and allow it to sit for a few minutes. You can then rinse with normal water. There is no need to scrub. The cleaner can remove even the stubborn soap scum stuck on the glass door.
You can have a steak-free shower glass door after usage of this product.
- Nonabrasive bleach-free formula.
- It can instantly clean ceramic, tiles, plastic, porcelain, and stone without scrubbing.
- Remove touch soap scum which is in contact with the glass shower door.
- It is pretty easy to use.
- You can use it on multiple surfaces.
- It can make your glass shower door clean and sparkle quickly.
- It removes stubborn soap scum from the glass door.
- Some customers say that the cleaner don’t take waterspots away from the glass shower door effectively.
2. CLR Calcium, Lime And Rust Remover
The CLR calcium, lime, and rust remover is a nontoxic and multipurpose cleaner, which means you can use it to clean your bathroom glass doors and kitchen surfaces.
You can safely use this product on surfaces like plastic, glass, ceramic tile, stainless steel, toilet bowls, and sinks.
It can easily break down calcium, lime, and soap scum, leaving a stain-free shower glass door. Another great thing about this product is that it does not contain phosphate, bleach, or ammonia. Hence, it is safe to use near kids and pets.
However, we recommend you always keep this spray bottle away from children. It is harmful if your child ingests it by mistake. Additionally, never reuse an empty bottle.
The product needs a little preparation before use. You need to mix the concentrate with an equal amount of warm water. You can then take a sponge or brush and dip it inside. You can then apply it on the shower glass door to remove any hard stains.
- EPA certified
- Industrial strength
- It can remove calcium, lime, hard water, and soap scum deposits.
- 28 ounces bottle
- Nontoxic formulation
- You can use it on multiple surfaces.
- EPA certified
- Effectively removes soap scum from the shower glass door.
- The fumes are a bit irritating. You are required to wear a surgical mask.
3. Clean X Repel Glass and surface cleaner
The hard water spots and soap scum can build on your bathroom glass shower and look dirty. It can be pretty difficult and frustrating to clean these spots. Well, you should not worry about it.
You can use the Clean X Repel glass and surface cleaner to clean all these spots effectively from the glass shower.
It can keep glass and any other hard surface shiny and clean. You can use this product on shower glass and mirrors, wall tile, acrylic, and chrome fixtures.
The best thing about this product is that it can quickly dissolve soap scum, oils, and other grime. It creates a protective layer on your glass shower door so dirt and grime will not settle quickly.
You can use this product on glass, windows, and tiles. It does not contain any harsh chemicals and is safe to use.
Another great thing about this product is that it’s pretty easy to use. You need to spray it on the glass shower door and then pipe it with a paper towel.
- It can remove mildew, mold, soap scum, mineral deposits, and many more from the glass surface.
- Unique cherry scent formula.
- It is effective on stainless steel, glass, fiberglass, plexiglass, stainless steel, brass and cultured marble surfaces.
- Easy to apply
- You can even clean your shower tub, tiles, and tub effectively with this product.
- Easy to use
- You can use it on multiple surfaces.
- No scrubbing is required during cleaning.
- It has a faint cherry smell.
4.RMR-86 Instant Mold Stain And Mildew Stain Remover Spray
Do you have stubborn mold stains on your glass shower door, and it’s not being removed after trying many times? If yes, use RMR-86 mold stain and mildew stain remover spray. It can penetrate deep into the applied surface and remove the stubborn stains left by the mold and mildew.
You can simply spray this product on the glass shower door and see how quickly it disappears from the mold and mildew stains.
You don’t need to scrub to remove the stains. Another great thing about this product is that you can use it on multiple surfaces like wood, vinyl siding, drywall, kitchen surfaces, and many more.
- Tackle stubborn stains and remove them.
- It is easy to apply.
- There is no need for scrubbing.
- You can use it for both indoor and outdoor purposes.
- You can use it on multiple surfaces to remove tough mold stains.
- It effectively removes stains from the glass shower door.
- The bottle does not indicate the severity of the smell.
5. Invisible Shield Glass And Surface Cleaner And Repellant
The Invisible shield glass, surface cleaner, and repellant is free from harsh acids, alkalis, glycol ethers, ammonia, hydrocarbon propellants, and bleach.
You can do this on glass shower doors and other surfaces like wall tiles, counters, appliances, faucets, etc. It can easily remove water, soil, grime, and fingerprints from the glass surface.
The best thing about the product is that you don’t need to scrub or try hard to remove stains from the glass shower door. It is a ready-to-use formula. You must spray it on the glass surface and wait a few seconds.
You can then wipe it on paper towels. The product can clean and give the glass a completely new appearance.
- Fast acting
- The product cleans the glass effectively, but water spots return on the glass shower door on the next shower.
6. Rain X 630035 X- Treme Clean Shower Door Cleaner
The Special formulation Rain –X 630035 X-Treme Clean can effectively remove calcium, lime, and rust stains within a few seconds and leave a sparkle and shine glass surface.
You have to take a damp cloth and squeeze a small amount of the product into it. You have to apply circular motions on your glass shower door and rinse with normal water. You can wipe dry either with a paper towel or cotton cloth.
- It removes soap scum and hard water stains from the glass surface.
- Specially formulated product
- You can use it only on the glass surface.
- It is pretty easy to apply
- It is a gel product and is available in a regular squeeze bottle.
- Easy to use.
- No strong scent in this product.
- You must use a lot of gel to clean the glass shower door.
- It even takes extra time to clean in comparison to other products.
7.OxiClean Foam -Tastic Foaming Bathroom Cleaner
OxiClean foam Tastic foaming bathroom cleaner can be used on tubs, glass shower doors, sinks, countertops, and many other places for cleaning.
Most of the traditional sprays drip when applied on the glass surfaces. But this product will sit on the applied surface even if the surface is vertical. The bubbles of the product will fight against the hard water, soap scum, and lime.
The OxiClean foam is even color-changing, i.e., it will be blue during spraying and turn white when it’s time to wipe off. You have to take a sponge or cloth and then wipe it on the surface. You can then rinse with normal water
You don’t need to scrub hard to remove any stains from the glass shower door.
The product even deodorizes at the time of cleaning glass shower doors. Its light fragrance can refresh a damp bathroom with a nice scent. The glass shower door will sparkle and be clean after applying this product.
- 19 ounces bottle
- You can apply this product on glass, showers, sinks, and doors.
- It changes its color from blue to white after application on any surface.
- No hard scrubbing is required.
- Easy to use.
- It has a lemon citrus scent.
- Remove stains effectively.
- You don’t need to scrub hard to remove stains.
- It don’t drip from vertical surfaces.
- Some customers say hard stains on glass shower doors require a long contact time.
- The bottle will go off quickly.
8. Mr.Clean Magic Eraser, Bathroom, Shower, And Shoe Cleaner With Febreze Lavender Scent
Mr.clean magic eraser with Febreze lavender scent can remove three-time soap scum compared to other products.
This spray can remove soap scum even from the tough areas of the bathroom glass shower door. Simultaneously, it can remove dirt, grime, and other stains deposited on the glass door.
So, in short, it can make your glass surface clean and sparkle. It even has a Febreze lavender scent, making your bathroom smell nice.
The product is available in the form of pads. You need to wet the pad and squeeze an extra amount of water. You can then scrub on the glass shower door to remove hard stains.
- Available in pad form.
- Disintegrate at the time of use.
- It removes three times soam scum in comparison to other products.
- Easy to use.
- You need to scrub on the glass surface while cleaning.
- Easy to use
- The nice smell in the bathroom after the application.
- Disintegrate after using.
9. ECOS Bathroom Cleaner – Shower, Tile & Bathtub -All-purpose Cleaning Spray & Shower Cleaner
ECOS bathroom cleaner works best on almost any surface, including shower glass doors, fixtures, walls, tiles, or jetted tubs.
So, in short, this product can make your bathroom look neat and clean and sparkle within a few seconds. It removes the soap scum from the glass shower door effectively.
The product is made from ingredients that are safe for the health of human beings and the environment.
It is pretty easy to use. You can spray it only on the surface of your bathroom, and there is no need to scrub and wipe like all other products mentioned above. You can use this product daily to prevent soap scum and water spots on the shower glass door.
- 100 percent vegan.
- Easy to use
- Remove water spots and soap scum
- No rinsing or scrubbing is required during application.
- There are no parabens, phosphates, or harmful chemicals in this product.
- Lovely smell
- It cleans the surface effectively.
- The bottle does not squirt liquid smoothly and consistently.
Glass shower doors can become dirty with time. You can use DIY products or household items like vinegar or baking soda to clean.
However, using a specialized product designed only for cleaning glass shower doors will give excellent results. It can remove soap scum and hard water stains from the glass shower door.
Even some cleaning products can create a protective coating on the glass shower door by which future cleaning tasks can become more manageable.
We have listed the nine best cleaner for glass shower doors. You can purchase any of them and use them for cleaning your glass shower door.
FAQ : Best Cleaner For Glass Shower doors
Q1. What is the best way to clean a glass shower door?
Ans : You can use undiluted vinegar for cleaning glass shower doors. You can heat the undiluted vinegar for a few seconds in the microwave and then pour it into a spray bottle.
Spray it on the glass shower door and wait for a few minutes. Wear rubber gloves and scrub the glass door with a sponge. You can then rinse the glass shower door with normal water.
Q2. How do hotels keep glass shower doors clean?
Ans : Hard water deposits can accumulate on the glass shower door, making it look ugly and dirty. Well, hotels use water softeners to get rid of the problem.
Q3. What is the best chemical to remove hard water stains on glass?
Ans : Household items like white vinegar and baking soda are the best chemicals to remove hard water stains.